Rust stains are one of the most difficult stains to deal with. And when it suddenly appears on your carpet, it gives a bad look to your carpet. Removing rust stains would need a lot of patience and an equal amount of time but sometimes removing rust stains from carpet is impossible.
Nevertheless, you can try some of the homemade carpet cleaning solutions to remove rust stains from your carpet without the help of a professional.
Here are some methods to remove rust stains by yourself:
Before moving into the solution part let’s do the basics. Scrape away any visible rust or loosen them from the carpet with the help of a butter knife. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the rust particles from your carpet.
A. Remove Rust Stain With Lemon Juice
Rust stains are removed best by the acidic solution that can work as one of the Best Treatment for carpet cleaning. Therefore, you can simply start by using lemon juice on the rust stain.
- In a small spray bottle, extract some lemon juice.
- Spray the lemon juice directly onto the rust stains affected area.
- Now leave the juice on the rust stain for 5 minutes. But remember not to leave it for more than 10 minutes.
- Using a clean white cloth or a paper towel blot the spot. You will see no more rust stain on your carpet.
Note: Before using acidic solution it is necessary to be aware of carpet cleaning mistakes one should avoid
B. Remove The Stain With Dishwashing Liquid And Household Ammonia
- In a small bowl, add two cups of warm water along with two spoons of dishwashing liquid and one spoon of household ammonia and combine them well.
- Sponge the solution onto the stain with the help of a clean white cloth.
- Leave the solution to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Blot the stained area with another clean cloth.
- Now, move to a cleaner part of the cloth and dip it in plain water to blot away the soapy residue from the carpet.
- Leave the carpet to dry completely or hire expert at Carpet Cleaning Richmond for Carpet Drying service. There will be no more stains on your carpet. If found, repeat the steps until the stain is completely removed.
C. Remove An Old Rust Stain From Your Carpet Using Vinegar And Lemon Juice
- Combine a good amount of vinegar, lemon juice, and warm water in a bowl.
- Apply the solution to the affected area allowing it to saturate through the rust stain properly. This solution will be very useful for Carpet Rust Stain Removal because vinegar is capable of removing tough stains from the carpets.
- Leave the solution on the stained area for at least 30 minutes. You can leave it overnight too.
- Now, brush the stained area in the same direction as the fibres of the carpet for 5 minutes.
- Vacuum the area and apply warm water and let it dry.
- You will see no more rust stain on your carpet. If found, repeat the process with the cleaning solution as needed.
Professional Services For Desired Carpet Cleaning
If you don’t want to spend the time on carpet to get rid of the tough stains, you have the best option of hiring professional carpet cleaners from us, Sams Cleaning Sydney. We are one of the best companies where you can get effective and affordable carpet stain removal services.