Keeping a carpet clean is as important as cleaning your floor. Clean and tidy carpets have a longer lifespan and also give a better look to your house. There are many ways that can be helpful in cleaning the carpets and also make them more durable. Read the blog carefully to learn all the cleaning tips for long-lasting carpets.
So, here are some of the most effective carpet cleaning tips:
- Regular vacuuming- Vacuuming your carpets regularly will not only help in cleaning your carpets thoroughly but will also help in prolonging their lifespan. Vacuuming is helpful in removing all the dust mites and allergens from your carpets that can damage your carpets and cause severe health issues related to the respiratory system and other skin allergies. Vacuuming your carpet once a week is suggested.
- Avoid chemical cleaners- There are many cleaning solutions in the market that contain a lot of harmful chemicals that can damage the fabric of the carpets and reduce their life. These solutions may help in cleaning the carpets thoroughly but can cause permanent damage to the carpets. Even the best professionals recommend avoiding or reducing the use of such chemical cleaning agents to avoid carpet damage.
- Shaving Cream for tough stains- Although shaving creams also contain chemicals these are not harmful to the carpets. Shaving creams are also used by professionals to get rid of the tough stains from the carpets. All you need to do is apply some amount of shaving cream to the stained area and leave it for 30 minutes. After drying blot it to remove the stains. Water and vacuuming can also be used after this for better results. This tip is very helpful in getting rid of stubborn stains and also gives a good fragrance.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar- Baking soda and vinegar are the best homemade solutions for cleaning a carpet without causing any damage to the carpets. These two homemade solutions can do wonders and clean all the stains from the carpets. In this trick all you need to do is blot the stained area with some baking soda and if that doesn’t work use some mixture of vinegar and water and spray it on the stain and wait for 10-15 minutes. After that, soak it up with the help of a sponge or cloth.
- Use of dishwasher detergent- Some oily stains and curry spills are a big challenge. It is very hard to remove such greasy stains from the carpets. Dishwasher detergent can be the right choice for such stains. Mix 2-3 drops of dishwasher detergent in a cup of water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle. Now gently spray the mixture on the stained area, wait for a few seconds, and bloat it up. Repeat this process a few times to get rid of all the greasy stains from the carpets.
- Freezing technique- Freezing technique is a great trick to get rid of sticky substances such as chewing gums. Such sticky things can cause permanent damage to the carpets. In this trick, all you need to do is freeze the chewing gum for 30-45 minutes and then once it gets hard, carefully remove it with the help of a spoon or other sharp object. This trick can be helpful in getting rid of most of the sticky things from the carpets.
- Heating process for rigid wax- Wax stains are unusual but they are very difficult to get rid of using common carpet cleaning techniques. The heating process is recommended to get rid of wax stains easily from the carpets without causing any damage to the carpets. Place a cotton cloth on the wax stain. Now place an iron on top of the cloth to warm the wax. Once the wax gets melted remove it gently using a butter knife.
Hire Our Expert Professionals Today
Sams Cleaning Sydney a leading carpet cleaning company in Sydney call 02 4058 2901 to hire local carpet cleaners in Sydney. Our cleaners are very well trained and give their best to clean the carpets. We have been doing this work for many years and have enough experience in all types of carpet cleaning techniques. We use the best tools available for cleaning the carpets thoroughly. Give us a call now on 02 4058 2901 to get your carpet cleaned anywhere in Sydney.