Stains happen! But, leather is one of the most merciful materials that needs little care to go a long way. The leather is also one of the most sensitive materials that need gentle cleaning methods. Using harsh approach or cleaner on the leather sofa can ruin it, as it can leave the permanent stains on the sofa that are almost impossible to get rid of. Leather Sofa Cleaning and maintaining is indeed a tricky task and needs most of your attention, especially, when you have kids or pets in the home. But guess what? We have the amazing ways that can help in Leather Sofa Cleaning and maintaining.
Best Way to Clean your Leather Sofa
For Regular Cleaning
It is important and best to clean your leather sofa regularly in order to prevent dust accumulation. Plus, don’t lose or throw your furniture manufacturer’s instruction, so, you can know how to take the best care of your sofa.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to get rid of the dust accumulated on the sofa.
- Dampen a cloth moderately and wipe it across a mild soap.
(If you are using liquid detergent, then use very small amount).
- Clean the sofa surface with the dampened cloth. Once you are done a Sofa Cleaning Service, do not rinse with water but wipe it off with the dry and clean cloth.
Note: Do not over wet the leather sofa. And ignore washing the leather sofa with water after cleaning with soap.
For Stain Removing
Most stains get treated easily using the following method :
- Use clean and absorbent cloth in order to clean the sofa to the perfection. Keep several pieces of cloths on hand to wet wipe and dry it with other.
- If the sofa got stained with the liquid, blot it with a cloth or paper towel and do not rub it. Rubbing can spread the stain and make it more difficult to remove.
- Wet the cloth with water, and make sure the cloth is not overly wet. We will only need a dampen cloth, excess water can leave the stains on the sofa.
- Rub the cloth across the soap only once and run it over the sofa.
- Work on the leather in the circular motion to get the best results
- Absorb the excess moisture using the clean cloth or paper towel. (Do not rinse)
Look For Professional Help
Your leather sofa is one of the most valuable things in your house and you surely would not want to ruin it. Hence, we advise to call in the professionals for help and not take any risk with the sofa. Many homeowners try DIYs with leather upholstery and end up making the condition worse.
In order to escape such a case, calling the professional upholstery cleaning services providers is the best alternative. Sams Cleaning Sydney is the number one upholstery cleaning Sydney service provider. We have a team of talented and efficient workers that offer the quality services and clean all types of upholstery. So, call us today and let this arduous task of cleaning your upholstery handle our team.