Have you ever wondered regarding the need for professional mattress cleaning services? What do you do when your mattresses, carpets, rugs, furnishings and upholstery gather mould in damp weather or due to floods or waterlogging? Isn’t that a scary situation? Mattress mould can pose a real health risk in the bedroom.
Mould can come as quite a surprise as you lift back the sheets to discover a dark sprawling stain on your mattress as a result of mould. Mould growth is predominantly caused by humid environments, sweat, moisture or stains. The human body perspires during sleep to cool down and there are many other contributing factors.
The following quick facts about mattress mould removal and mattress cleaning tips would guide you avoid mattress mould.
Why Mattresses Get Mouldy?
Mattress mould is caused by a mix of humidity and bacteria. Mattress maintenance can ensure mould never affects your bedroom.
- Mould needs moisture, food and an optimum temperature in order to thrive or grow. The moisture could come from the water released by the human body during perspiration, and a humid room would encourage this even further. “Food” does not mean food in the literal sense, but rather materials such as cotton or even dead skin that’s found in a lot of mattresses. It is this combination of moisture and food that enables mould to develop. It’s entirely preventable with mattress maintenance and care.
- Mould spores are always present to some degree in the air, so a humid environment is what encourages growth. It’s this excess moisture that you need to combat. Drying clothes on radiators or clothes maidens in the bedroom should be avoided where possible.
Here’s what should you look out for, to keep your mattresses and furnishings and upholstery safe from mould growth.
- Humid bedroom environments cause mould if mattresses are kept directly on the floor
- Mould needs a humid environment. Mould spores thrive the most in temperatures between 21 and 30 degrees Celsius. Comfortable room temperature is around 20 degrees.
Mattress Cleaning Sydney:
Consistent airing or use of a dehumidifier or air purifier. This will help to reduce any excess and unnecessary moisture in the air and make it difficult for dust mites and mould to gather or grow!
The questions most commonly coming to our professional mattress cleaners are such as, “How to fix a mouldy mattress?” or “How to stop my mattress getting mouldy?”
Mattress Cleaning Tips and Professional Mattress Cleaning Services:
In case mattresses do eventually develop mould, then there is no need to panic. Mould can be removed by using the following tips or still better, by availing professional mattress cleaning services.
- Mattresses need to be thoroughly vacuum cleaned on both sides. of the. Once you have done this ensure that you fully empty your vacuum in order to prevent any further spread of the mould.
- Using warm soapy water and wipe the affected area clean, in circular motion with a damp cloth.
- Allow as much air to the mattress as possible. to let it dry and ventilate
The best and sure shot way is to call Sams Cleaning Sydney and avail their Professional Mattress Cleaning Services!